Subscribe on iTunes here
If you’ve dreamed of escaping from a traditional job to the seaside to make a living from your creativity, this is for you. Artist and ‘professional doodler’ Moose Allain and his wife Karen did just that. They have a thriving business based on Moose’s world of playful, off-beat cartoons, crazy puns and reflections on what’s going on in his life and the world.
We talk about:
- How Moose built his Twitter community to over 78 thousand followers, and how that has become the core of his business
- How to use Twitter when you don’t want to sell on it
- The role of traditional galleries in Moose’s work and launching his business – but why he no longer sells in them
- How Moose has used crowdfunding as a way to create collaborative art (including the madly wonderful A Survey of Potato Mashers)
- Working for the BBC, Tate, Private Eye magazine and many others – but why Moose says no to most approaches for work
My favourite quote (because I love Moose’s blend of words and drawing): ‘it’s about playing around with lines. They may be drawn lines or they may be written lines’
Your brain is different…
Have you got The Creative’s Distraction Buster yet? Download it for free here – your free guide to making yourself more productive, just for creative brains. (Because we’re kind of different).